Full details about all the changes in this version can be viewed at the bottom of this announcement. As always, please create a ticket on the Lumina bug tracker if you find any issues. For community support or any other questions, please post on the TrueOS forums or the Lumina live-chat on Gitter.
~~ Ken Moore
- New Utility: lumina-mediaspelare. Lumina Media Player is a graphic interface for the Qt QMediaPlayer Class, with Pandora internet radio streaming integration. Lumina Media Player supports many audio formats, including .ogg, .mp3, .mp4, .flac, och .wmv. It is also possible to increase the number of playable formats by installing gstreamer-plugins. This utility is found in the
Applications → Utilitiessection, or opened by typing lumina-mediaspelare in a command line.
- New Utility: lumina-xdg-entry. This is another simple utility designed to help users create .Desktop entries and shortcuts. Find it in the Verktygs programkategorin, or open it by typing lumina-xdg-entry in a command line.
- Desktop folders are integrated, and can now be manipulated directly from the desktop.
- Added the automatic settings migration of a desktop monitor (single monitor only, for now).
- Numerous speed and performance improvements with how icons load and the system interacts with the desktop.
- Now fully integrated with lumina-archiver.
- A “System directory” tree pane is available. Options to enable/disable it are being added later, as it is på som standard.
- Numerous speed improvements with caching and loading icons.
- There is a new json manifest file format for syntax highlighting support. Users can open this file, customize their highlighting options, and immediately see their changes without rebuilding the utility.
- The text editor now supports more than 10 different file formats.
- Added options for file-wide preferences in syntax files. Options include: word wrap, character per line limits, excess whitespace highlighting, font style restrictions, and tab-width settings.
- lte supports tabs with detach, drag’n’drop, and location customization with the View menu option.
- Add checkable menu option to show the “unsaved changes” dialogue box on close.
- Adjustments to the lumina-screenshot interface.
- Add an adjustable warning to lumina-screenshot when closing with an unsaved image.
- Add functionality to select a specific area of the screen for screenshots.
- Functionality improvements.
- Bug fixes.
- Interface changes.